Once payment has been received, we aim to complete the programming change within 1 to 2 working days, but this is usually quicker and often the same day.
For installers, you can download our Commtel Config app.
Residents of multi-tenanted sites should consult their Managing Agent before downloading our apps.
Residents or owners of single properties can download our Commtel Control app.
For more information about our apps, click here.
If you don’t have a GSM modem, you can use the MessageBird service to connect to panels remotely via HY-CAN Link.
Follow the steps below to get signed up and configure HY-CAN Link:
- Sign up for an account here.
- Once signed up, add some credit to your account (the minimum is £15).
- Next, buy a virtual number. This will be used to send the SMS kick off texts to the panel. This can be done here. We would recommend buying a US number as these are the cheapest (~80p a month).
- Next, get your API key. This can be found here (you will need to use your Live key).
- Now we need to configure HY-CAN Link to use this service. To do this, first select TCP/IP server in Communication Methods (figure 2). Next, choose MessageBird (CURL) as the Service provider from the dropdown box (figure 3). Then paste your API key in the Key box and the phone number in the Originating phone number box (figure 4). Once this info is entered, it will be saved in the application.
- You can now connect to panels as if you had a modem connected. For more info on how to connect and make changes, please see the quick start guide here.
Our Hy-Can Link programming software is available for installers to download and is compatible with Windows XP, VISTA, 7, 8, 10. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with Linux and Macintosh operating systems.
Please contact our technical team for more information.
Our install guides are available for installers to download from each product page when logged into your installer account.
For help setting up Data Over IP with Hy-Can Link, contact our technical team for a guide, or watch our video explanation of how to set this up below:
- Once connected to the panel, select T Emulator from the side-bar.
- Once the menu has loaded, select option 2 (Tones/Codes/Relays).
- Next, select option 4 (Relay pulse time override).
- Enter the relay slot you want to modify.
- Enter the relay you want to modify.
- Enter the pulse time in seconds and press enter. The minimum is 1 second, the maximum is 240 seconds (4 minutes).
- Press enter until you are logged out of the panel.
That’s it! The pulse time has now been changed.