Before opting for one of our door entry systems, we are fully aware that you may still have a number of questions. We know that there are a lot of different factors to consider to ensure that you are investing in an access control system that will be beneficial for the specific environments that you target. We have put together a number of access control systems and intercom FAQs so that you can gain a more in-depth understanding of our products before making a decision on whether or not they are right for you.
If you can’t find the answer to your question within our FAQs below, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will be more than happy to assist.
Explore some of our access control FAQs below:
- Telguard operate on a strict trade only policy. You need to be a reputable installer (Minimum of a NICERC registration required) of access control, security systems and or gates / barriers with the requisite electrical, IT or tele-communications.
- If you are a current customer, you can use our Online Shop. If you would like to set up an account, please contact our sales department.
- If you are not an installer, please feel free to speak with our Sales department for further information and finding a local installer.
- The Telguard system can be remotely reconfigured, either by your Installer, or by coming to Telguard directly. Please be advised there may be a charge for this service.
- If you wish to submit a programming request, please fill out the form located here: https://www.commtel.tech/programming-changes
- Once submitted you will receive a response regarding charges if applicable and once the change has been actioned.
- The return to manufactures warranty covers all parts and labour, for manufacturing faults, should you experience any faults with the Telguard unit (please note this warranty does not cover the removal or re-installation of the Telguard unit).
- Our programming support covers all programming request and technical support, such as telephone number and entry code programming changes.
- 3 relays are standard – additional relays options
- Internal Time Clock with 9 time zones
- BST to GMT Automatic
- Activity Log
- Installer programmable
- Dial to open feature with 900+ authorised numbers
- SMS Alerts
- SMS to Open/Latch/Unlatch
- SMS balance check
- Up to 400 Access Codes between 2-8 digits Including * and # on all units with a keypad
- Divert up to 7 additional numbers per call point
We will require the following information:
- Phone Number
- Last 6 digits of the ICCID number (long number under the barcode).
Once the account is created you will receive an email with a secure link to add your payment details. We will then activate the SIM and provide you with the SIM telephone number.
If voicemail is enabled, the system is unable to divert once this has answered. The visitor can leave a message or cancel the call by pressing the ‘Clear’ button.
- *If a voicemail is present on the number that the intercom is dialling it might be worth increasing your voicemail pick up time to allow the intercom to ring you for the full ring time before it diverts. If the intercom reaches a voicemail system before diverting it will not continue to call the other numbers as this will count as the call has been answered.
- +44(0)1306 710120 – Op. 1
- +44(0)1306 710120 – Op. 2
- +44(0)1306 710120 – Op. 3
- +44(0)1306 710120 – Op. 4
- Monday 8:30 – 17:00 (8.30 – 9.30 Staff training, skeleton staff answering phones)
- Tuesday: 8:30 – 17:00
- Wednesday: 8:30 – 17:00
- Thursday: 8:30 – 17:00
- Friday: 8:30 – 17:00
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
If you would like to find out any additional information on the answers to any of the questions featured on our intercom FAQ page, or if you have any other questions, please get in touch.